| Foreword >>
- All the programs freely available on this site are made in Visual Basic 6 and require VB6 Runtime Dll & Ocx files. If you get a 'Runtime DLL/OCX File error', download VB6 Runtimes.
- Some of the files here may be zipped and you may need to download and install WinZip to extract them.
- IM'napper is a software that 'kidnaps' the buddy lists of ICQ, AIM, MSN and Yahoo! Pager and shows them in one
neat window on the side of your screen.
- If you have ever used more than one IM software at the same time, you know they can literally gobble up all
your desktop space.
- IM'napper captures all the buddy lists and organizes them in one window, so that you have enough space to run
- In order to run IM'napper you would need the following:
Using IM'napper >>
- If you have ICQ or AIM, then 'undock' them from the side of your screen, since it's not possible for IM'napper
to capture docked windows.
- Just click on the IMnapper.exe file and if ICQ/AIM/Yahoo Pager/MSN are running, all of them will be
automatically IM'napped! There's actually nothing you have to do to start using IM'napper as a normal user. For
advanced tips, read on.
- Now if you want, IM'napper can start/load ICQ/AIM etc. every time it starts up. So you do not have to
specifically click on ICQ/AIM etc. everytime you want to chat. To enable the auto-start feature, click on the
last icon: 'Options': and then click on 'Auto-start IM's'. You can then specify which IM software to auto-load
and where are they located in your computer. This way, you can disable the auto-start feature in ICQ/AIM etc.
which makes them start when Windows starts, and only start them when you want them to.
- The first icon is for 'Combo' view, which is basically what you would be using normally. In the combo view,
only the buddy-list of every IM program is displayed. This means there are no AIM ads, no MSN ads, and no
menus/buttons/icons that waste space.
- However, if you want to see the whole window of any IM software, just click on its icon and it'll show up in
- When IM'napper detects ICQ/AIM etc. it colors the appropriate icon and when you close ICQ/AIM etc., it makes
the icon grey.
- Hold the 'Control' key if you want to move IM'napper around the screen without docking it to a side. This is
very useful if you have a dual-monitor system.
- One word of caution: When IM'napper has kidnapped the ICQ/AIM/Yahoo/MSN windows, *PLEASE DO NOT* attempt to
move the windows by yourself if you are in the 'Full view.'
- Please remember, IM'napper is still in beta stage and not a final product yet. So there is a slight
possibility that it might crash. However, we and many of our beta-testers have been using it for more than 3-4
months now and it only crashes if anyone tries to break Rule No. 7 (read above). Other than that, IM'napper has
never crashed or caused any weird behaviors.
- For a better understanding of IM'napper, look at the following screenshots and click on them for a hi-res
- All the files have been scanned with anti-virus software. However you should make it a habit to always scan files downloaded from the Internet, before you run/execute them.
- Since all the programs provided here are Freeware, we cannot be held responsible for any damage, misuse, or losses caused directly or indirectly by them.
- However, all of our products have gone through considerable amount of end-user alpha and beta testing and have proved stable under almost all configurations.